1. I have submitted my Maple Residences application. Can I still make changes to my application?
You can still make changes to your application during the application period and the latest changes submitted will apply.
No more changes can be made once the application period is over.
2. How is my application being processed?
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Are there Maple Residences blocks affected by the MRT construction on campus?
Certain Maple Residences blocks located along Nanyang Avenue may be affected by the construction of the Nanyang Gateway MRT Station (JW3) MRT Station. Steps are being taken by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to minimize inconvenience to residents, such as erecting temporary sound barriers and informing the University in advance of the works that are being carried out. Please visit the MRT Construction on Campus website for more information and updates.
4. Do I have a choice of a particular Maple Residences room?
No, applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You may select single or double room type in your application.
Room type preference is subject to availability.”
5. How can I apply for a double room with my friend?
If you wish to stay in a double room with your friend or family member, the approval will be given to applicant of the same gender.
6. I prefer higher floor unit, can I request for one?
No preference will be given for this request. Allocation of rooms will be on first come first serve basis.
7. Can I choose specifically to be allocated with air-conditioned rooms?
All our residential rooms are air-conditioned.
8. What are my chances of getting a Maple Residences room?
Maple Residences applications are based on a first-come, first-served basis.
9. When will I be informed of the results of my application?
Applicants will be informed via email 2 weeks after the closing date of the application.
10. If I am not successful in my application, how long do I need to wait for my turn to be offered a Maple Residences room?
All applicants will be based on a first-come, first-served basis. To avoid disappointment please make your application early. Vacancy not available at Maple Residences will be placed on the waiting list.
Unsuccessful applicants must seek alternative housing options off-campus, even though they are placed on the waiting list. We will inform applicants as soon as rooms are available.
11. If I need a room with special needs, how can I communicate this to the Maple Residences?
Maples residences provide up to 5 special rooms.
Applicants must state their special requirement for this special room.
12. If my flight reached Singapore after midnight, will I still be able to check-in into Maple Residences?
Our administration office operates on normal office working hour.
Mon – Fri
0900hrs – 1800hrs
0900hrs – 1300hrs
Sun & PH
If your arrival is not within the working hours, please inform us early so that we can make special arrangement for you.
13. My partner will be visiting me for a short period of time, will he/she be able to stayover?
No, non-student will not be allowed to stay in Maples Residences.
14. My Spouse will be visiting me for a short period of time, will he/she be able to stay over?
No temporary or short term stay in Maples Residences. Long term spouse as a roommate will be treated as an applicant.
However, proof of marriage certificate must be submitted for our approval.
15. Is Maple Residences only available for international students?
No, Maple Residences is available to all students, including local and international students approved by NTU.
16. Can I cook my own meals in Maple Residences?
Cooking is not allowed in the room.
In Maple Residences we provide pantry for cooking purposes.
17. Will there be a laundromat facility?
Laundromat services will be provided in Maple Residences.
18. Can I decorate my room in Maple Residences?
Students are discouraged from making decoration to their room.
Maple Residences expects the room to be return the room back to its original state prior to their check-out.
Any damages & changes will be assessed and charged accordingly.
19. Can I receive mail at Maple Residences?
Yes, you will be able to receive mails/parcels & deliveries at the student administration office.
20. Are there vending machines in Maple Residences?
Maple Residences provides vending machines.
21. Can I have a fridge in my room?
Students are not allowed to bring their own fridge.
22. Will I be getting a personal lock for my valuables?
Students are responsible for their own belongings & valuables.
Last Reviewed: 10 April 2023